Warranty/ Materials/ Waterproof
HELP my silver is turning a funny colour 🤢 925 Sterling silver can oxidise. This is a completely natural process and may appear yellow/ brown/ black in appearance. This is a chemical process and happens with all silver and is not rust/ staining or plating issues. This can be easily solved by purchasing a silver polishing cloth. Simply rub the cloth over your silver and restore your pieces to their original colour. We are currently looking into stocking some of these.
HELP my order arrived damaged/ broke 💔 please email us that same day at email@example.com with a photograph and order number and one of our staff members will replace your item(s). If we feel that your item was not a manufacturing defect and has broken in an unusual manner or has been abused, we have the right to refuse to replace your item(s).
HELP my plating is coming off 👀 If an item you've purchased is from our Stainless Steel gold plated collections and the plating comes away in less than a year since the date of purchase, Howl will resolve the matter whether it be in the form of a replacement or gift card (subject to it being a manufacturing defect). This excludes scratching of plating with other metals, wear and tear, excessive and unfair care. If your piece is from another collection, please see info at the bottom of this page regarding plating. Howl will not cover breakage or fading of any stones, pearls, shells, gems etc.
HELP my item doesn't open properly/ material issue 🔧 please email us ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org with a photograph and your order number and one of our staff members will replace your item(s).
HELP my jewellery is causing an allergic reaction 🧽 our Stainless Steel jewellery is naturally hypoallergenic and does not tarnish or turn the skin green. There is a tiny population of people who have an allergic reaction to steel. This is extremely uncommon, but if you suspect this may be your issue, then please email us immediately. You can also try washing your jewellery with warm water and a mild detergent and see if that stops the irritation.
HELP my jewellery broke and it's been longer than a year🎁 we offer a free jewellery repair service for all of our customers who have issues outside of our 1 year warranty. Please email us to arrange this with your order number and a photograph of the issue. Shipping fees will be billed to you, but the repair costs are free.
Howl Jewellery provides the following warranty:
- Damaged/ broken items: if the item is within 1 year of purchase, Howl will replace or repair the item. This is ONLY if the item is broken due to a manufacturing defect. If we analyse the product and decide that it is broken due to customer neglect, then Howl reserves the right to reject the issue. If the fault is ours and the product is sold out, Howl will reimburse (gift card) for the item. Please note that if we find the item to be carelessly broken or have repeat issues with the same customer, Howl reserves the right to reject the damaged item from our warranty policy. Imperfect items are not included in our warranty policy.
- Lost Parcels: We will endeavour to make sure that your parcel arrives to you, however please understand that once with our courier, it is out of control. Please email us immediately if you suspect your parcel is lost. We will contact our courier and submit evidence provided by yourself. Once compensated by our courier for their loss, we can re-send the order or issue a gift card or refund depending on your choice.
- Plating loss/ colour gone: We will only deal with plating issues with regards to our gold plated Stainless Steel items. (See our different materials below for information on plating) If an item you have purchased from our Stainless Steel collection has lost its gold colour within 6 months of purchase, Howl will replace the item. This is ONLY if the item has lost plating due to a manufacturing defect. If the fault is ours and the product is sold out, Howl will reimburse (gift card) for the item. If Howl receives the item and it is unreasonably scratched, then Howl will not reimburse for the item. (metal on metal will scratch your plating away so please keep your jewellery separated and be careful of friction with other metals) Our plating loss warranty does DOES NOT COVER colour of stones or resin.
- PLEASE NOTE that shipping fees will not be refunded unless applicable. Contact us for more info.
Understanding our Materials..
18K Gold Plated Stainless Steel 💧
- We take pride in how waterproof our jewellery pieces are, here at Howl. Our gold pieces are either Stainless Steel or Piercing Grade Titanium and are PVD coated with 18K gold plating using our special system to ensure that they remain plated for at least 1-2 years with proper care.
- This special coating combined with stainless steel's durable properties means that our pieces are waterproof, sweat-resistant and resilient to heat exposure too; making them perfect for swimming, going to the gym, or even heading to the beach. They also wont bend like standard high-street jewellery can!
- Sadly, the plating on our gold pieces can scratch off when rubbed against/ in contact with other metals, so be careful to not store your jewels in the same bags, and they should last for years with no loss of colour.
Sterling Silver Jewellery 🌞
- We take pride in the premium quality of our sterling silver pieces here at Howl. Our silver pieces are 925 hallmarked silver and are all crafted by hand. Sterling Silver is a relatively soft metal, meaning it may bend easily so be careful sleeping on small silver earrings or fragile rings for example. If you want tough, strong jewellery, then opt for our stainless steel pieces instead.
- Sterling Silver can oxidise when in contact with the air. This is a completely natural process and may appear yellow/ brown/ black in appearance. This is a chemical process and happens with all silver and is not rust/ staining or plating issues. This can be easily solved by purchasing a silver cloth or silver bath solution. Simply rub the cloth over your silver and restore your pieces to their original colour.
- Some of our sterling silver pieces are gold vermeil (plated with gold plating) this, will last for 1-2 years with proper care before the plating can begin to wear away. We recommend keeping these pieces away from water to get the most out of the plating.
Silver Stainless Steel Jewellery 💧
- Some of our silver pieces are titanium or stainless steel. This gives them the most durable quality of all of our jewellery. As they are unplated, they appear slightly more grey in colour than sterling silver. This is the natural colour of stainless steel. This is not a plating and is impossible to wear away so these pieces will last forever with absolutely no colour change.
P.s. If a company tells you that their plated jewellery will never lose it’s colour.. they're lying! Only unplated pieces like pure gold jewellery, pure stainless steel (like our silver steel) and pure sterling silver jewellery will stand the test of time. All plated jewellery whether steel based, brass based etc will eventually lose its plating, because it's just that.. a plating on top of another metal. Eventually, no matter what, it will scrape/wash/wear away. We have built our jewels to last for years in pretty harsh conditions, but we would never claim for them to be something they're not ❤️