The following only applies if you are ordering outside of the UK (UK includes Northern Ireland) Please read these carefully before placing an order with us as Howl cannot refund or be responsible for any customs fees. Please also note that these are guidelines, however on random occasions, some of our customers have received items with no fees attached.
- The new Brexit deal signed by the UK has now changed the taxes and imports rules between the UK and Europe. Beforehand, there were no tariffs to send goods to and from Europe, however sadly now that the UK is no longer a part of these deals; the following customs tariffs will apply. Please ensure to read these carefully before placing an order.
Taxes, duties and a clearance fee may be due on goods (excluding personal correspondence) sent from Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales) to the EU. There are no taxes or duties due on items from Northern Ireland to the EU.
- The taxes and duties depend on the contents’ value. The thresholds are as follows:
- Items under €10 to €22 are not subject to VAT or duties until 1st July 2021.
- Goods between €10 to €22 and €150 may be subject to VAT and a clearance fee.
- Goods above €150 may be subject to VAT, customs duties and a clearance fee.
- The thresholds and the amounts charged vary from country to country. The customs authorities in the destination country determine the thresholds and the amounts charged. See guidance from the European Commission .
Find out more about sending gifts or goods abroad with HMRC’s guide for international post users .
- Different customs fees and rules apply to those ordering outside of the UK and the EU.
- Customs Values tend to be more lenient with countries outside of Europe, but the value of which constantly fluctuates. We recommend speaking to a local postal office/ courier and asking for the up-to-date minimum customs value.
- We are sorry we don't have more information in this ever-changing environment.